Welcome to New York Hand & Physical Therapy!
We provide a comfortable, professional atmosphere and encourage your feedback and questions.
We make every effort to offer a wide spectrum of appointment times to accommodate your individual needs. Prior to your first visit, we do our best to verify your insurance coverage and deductible/co-pay information. Please allow up to 1 hour total time for your initial evaluation and treatment. Most patients are seen 2 to 3 times per week during the early phases of treatment.
What to Bring
- A written referral from a physician or physician assistant
- Current insurance information and cards
- A list of medications your are currently taking
- Loose-fitting clothes, appropriate for exercise
- Shorts are preferred for evaluation of knee patients
- Gowns are available for spinal patients
- Completed Patient Information Questionnaire
Please download First Visit Form PDF version or Word version to print,
then fill it out and bring it to your appointment.
Evaluation and Assessment
During the initial evaluation, your therapist will ask you to explain what your problem is and ask various questions that may prompt you to say something that you may not believe is related to your problem. This helps us to determine the cause of your problem.
Following the performance of an extensive and thorough evaluation, an assessment of your problem will be explained to you in detail. Questions will be answered and a treatment program will be developed specifically to meet your individual goals.